I am traveling through Sunday so this week’s weight will be only the average of 3 days. So, I did some research on benefits.
I copied this from another post and broke it into parts to make it easy to follow:
Losing weight, getting in shape and staying that way will help improve the quality of your life. Carrying around even 10% less body weight will help you….
- feel better
- notice increased energy,
- less aches and pains,
- your breathing will be less labored and you will have an easier time getting around. Going up stairs will no longer be such a burden; playing with your kids will be fun.
- You will have a healthier heart. If you aren’t carrying around extra weight, your heart can work more efficiently. Proper body weight ensures that the heart is not having to work harder then needed to make sure the blood supply to the body is adequate.
- Losing weight will help lower blood pressure and decrease your risk of a heart attack. It will also help prevent angina.
- Many people that are overweight develop Type II diabetes. This can be incredibly hard to control and can require the use of medication that can take time to regulate. Losing weight, if you already have Type II Diabetes, can help get your diabetes under control and possibly make it so that you are not in need of diabetic medication anymore. If you are overweight and haven’t developed this condition yet, losing weight will help decrease the likelihood that you will develop it.
- Maintaining a healthy weight will also help decrease the chance of your getting several types of cancer. Did you know that uterine, cervix, gallbladder, ovary, breast and colon cancer all are associated with obesity in women? If you’re a man, don’t think you are off the hook – being an overweight male increases your chances of developing prostate, rectum and colon cancer.
- Osteoarthritis can be stopped in its tracks before it starts, or you can minimize the symptoms, with weight loss. This is because osteoarthritis affects the joints in the body and the extra pressure that is put on the joints when you are overweight is a major contributing factor.
- Losing weight can also help you decrease the chances of getting gout. Gout is another type of arthritis, caused by high levels of uric acid. This acid can become crystal masses or stones which then get deposited in the joints. Gout is a disease that is much more common in overweight people than those who maintain the proper body weight.
This should make it apparent that maintaining a healthy weight has much more to do with your over all health than looking good at the beach. While the exterior benefits may make you happy when you look in the mirror, the internal benefits will help you live longer so you can enjoy the way you look throughout your life.
Other Posts in the series. Click the category 190forever
Facilitating Performance Improvement in the digital age